Hello! I'm Kaitlyn and I blog over at Wifessionals. I'm a 20-something newlywed who just got married this past June. I was blessed to find the love of my life, however I never expected to find myself in the life I now lead.
My husband, Ryan, is an officer in the Army. A week after our wedding, we packed up our entire life and moved to Arizona. Now, just 6 short months later, we are stationed in Colorado!
This is a crazy, unpredictable life we now lead, but I love it. I absolutely adore my blog and all of the amazing ladies it has allowed me to meet (:
If you stop by, you'll find everything from delicious recipes, the ups and downs of military life, DIY projects, the joys of being a newlywed and so much more. I'd love for you to come and say hello!
1. How did you meet Ryan? I drove to Nashville on my 25th birthday weekend to find an apartment. I lived in Atlanta at the time and was moving the next month. My last night in town I went out with the girlfriends who had gone with me. At the second or third bar of the night, I saw a new guy who had joined the little group we were bar hopping with. As we were leaving I told one of the guys who had been with us all night, "Bring your friend Dimples." Dimples was Ryan and he did come to the next bar. The rest is history...
2. How did you go from fashion to quality engineering and do you enjoy what you do now? When I graduated college, the economy was starting to head downwards. I decided to market myself and my degree in a way in which I could get a job with a large corporation. I figured this was the best way to make myself "recession proof". I also had a degree in Merchandising, so I went from buying clothes to buying missile parts. I worked my way up through that corporation and ended up landing a quality engineer position. When I married Ryan and we got re-stationed, I had to give up my job. Now I'm a stay at home wife and an avid blogger lol...and I LOVE it wayyyy more than I ever liked my previous job.
3. What is your favorite U.S. state that you've visited? I LOVE the carolinas - either of them. I hope Ryan and I end up there one day (:
4. Describe Cara Box. Cara Box is a monthly box exchange I created to promote women making new friends and encouraging one another. Each moth there is a different theme and you get to know two partners. You then send a box to one partner, and receive a box from the other, both following that month's theme. It has been such a blessing to me, personally, because I love meeting new friends and sending and receiving encouragement each month.
5. You hosted this past Christmas, how did that go? Any tips for entertaining and hosting? It was Ryan and I's first Christmas & the first year I volunteered to host Christmas for my family. It was a lot! It really made me appreciate my mom or other family hosting holidays in the past. My biggest advice: Plan & Relax. I planned out every meal before they came and purchased the groceries. This made it so easy because I knew what we were having for meals each day and didn't stress about running to the grocery store. Use the crockpot!!! And just relax and enjoy your company. Don't let little details stress you out.
6. What are some of your goals for 2013? My biggest goals are to get involved in a women's Bible study, work to make sure Ryan & I stay just as close as we are now, grow my blog to double it's current size, and start to run! Ryan runs for his job so he's really good at it, but I've never been a runner!
7. What was your favorite memory of 2012? Ryan. I met Ryan, got engaged and got married in 2012. A lot of people don't realize that our timeline was so short. It will be hard for any year to ever beat 2012.