photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

29 August 2012

WW: Big Black Book

Bridal Bouquet: Best Little Flower Shop in Roswell
I knew what I wanted for the bridesmaids far in advance.  It was now about figuring out my bouquet.  I already knew what flowers I wanted: peonies.  My only concern was that they would be out of season. Some florists said they couldn't get peonies and I should have a back up.  BLFS in Roswell made some calls, and said "it's no problem!"  Yay!  I was going to have my beautiful white peonies!  I paid a little extra for a delivery charge so I wouldn't have to worry about it that day.  They delivered at the hair salon, and even included a nice vase!  I loved my bouquet so much!!!!



Bridesmaid Bouquets
Michael's had this one fake flower in stock that was unlike all the rest.  I have no idea what to call this flower or what the material is, because everyone commented on how real they looked and how real they felt.  I want to say they were waxy?  But you couldn't see the threads or anything!  It was unreal!  So, I picked up 16 of the flowers (in which I had to go to two stores), put burlap around them, and then cut off the stems.  They turned out so great!  I know my maid of honor wanted to keep them, so I am so happy they worked out so well!  I definitely saved a lot of money here, too!

Catering: A Dish in a Dash 
People kept commenting on (A) the chicken, (B) the cupcakes (especially the chocolate one, that I never got to try -- I liked the Red Velvet because it wasn't cream cheese icing!), and (C) just everything.  We had passed hor d'oeurves during the cocktail hour, a salad was ready at everyone's seats, and then a buffet with honey pecan crusted chicken, london broil with pearl onions, vegetables (which were good), new potatoes (I love my potatoes), and then for dessert we had our wedding cake plus four different cupcakes for everyone: a basic vanilla, Hershey's chocolate, red velvet, and carrot cake.  Mmm...



Flowers: Sams Club & Michael's
I love flowers, hence why we went with a garden theme.  They are just wonderful decorations for any occasion.  But, I did not want to spend a lot of money on flowers.  So, I got maybe $50 worth of fake flowers and greenery from Michaels, picked up a few sticks on a walk with Shelby one day, and then spent about $150 at Sam's Club getting sunflowers, gerbera daisies, and carnations in our wedding flowers.  It was awesome.

Photography: Jeffrey Franks Photography
People loved Jeff and his crew (Dana and Noelle).  He was so personable, and they just really seemed like they were having fun with us.  Whenever they took a picture at the reception, he made sure to set up the shot well, and when he showed us, it was just beautiful.  Duncan and I met him last year, and we loved Jeff and his wife.  He did our engagement pictures, and we've never been disappointed.  Jeff really tries to make sure we are happy.  Now, I just can't wait to see the pictures!

Videography: Lifescape Images
I found Monique and her husband through our Parish, and they were just so wonderful from the start.  I have no doubts about our wedding video and they were just so great to work with!  They have so many different package options, too! 

Wedding Planner: Unique Favors & Events
Zephanie was with us for way longer than the day-of coordinating I was looking for.  She helped us organize the timeline, made sure all the vendors were good, helped set up the decorations, and was really just a positive spirit.  It was so great knowing she was there to handle things!

6 comments:

  1. can't wait to see more photos! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i'm glad that it was so wonderful :3 the flowers are gorgeous, and the cupcakes are super cute!

    found your blog via the wonderful wednesdays linkup and am now following :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those cupcakes look delish! sounds like your wedding was just a yummy affair! The peonies are gorgeous! It is my favorite flower. I had them at my wedding, but along with the other flowers, they looked terrible. Yours however look beautiful! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had my bouquets made - but i loved doing the rest of my own flowers. we ordered a lot of daisies online. and your food sounds delish - we had chocolate cupcakes too

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife :) Seems like I keep stumbling across lots of newlyweds on the bloggosphere! Great tip about silk flowers from craft stores! Saves a boatload of $$.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful wedding! ohhhh it makes me wanna get married all over again (to the same man of course) but I just loved planning my wedding - I tried my hardest not to allow stress to come in and it was a blast planning! excited to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy