photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

04 November 2011

Goin' Thrifting


This week for "Oh, So Charming" I've decided to share my recent (and first ever) thrift store experience.  I went on Tuesday at the urging of my mother.  Her good friend volunteers there so my mom suggested I go see what I could find.  As much as I was glued to my studies, how could I say no to taking a break to score some deals?  After all, I am a woman.

The thrift store is called The Drake Closet, located in Downtown Roswell, and it opened recently to support a local shelter that provides "short-term crisis housing and support to homeless mothers and their children."  Read more here.

The Drake Closet has gently used, like new, and new clothes (yes, with tags still on!) just like a little boutique!  I even sawa few of my favorite stores: J. Crew, Ann Taylor, and Ralph Lauren. 

Here are my finds: one coat, two jackets, two tops, two skirts, and a purse!

I might have to find some time to do some outfit posts to prove why I fell in love with these finds.  If you're in the Atlanta area, head to downtown Roswell to help out a great cause and get some great deals on fashion.  Here's the address:
The Drake Closet
825 Mimosa Boulevard
Roswell, GA  30075

Note: parking is a little funny because it is downtown Roswell.  There are signs on the street that say "No parking expect Sundays," some say to ignore those, but there are plenty of parking lots around, including a small one at the boutique, where I parked.

P.S. check out this AWESOME giveaway from Christian Personal Finance blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy