photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

25 July 2010

The Better Part.


Last weekend's Gospel reading was really motivating for me. In fact, it seems that the past couple Sundays have had particularly inspiring Gospel readings than normal for me. Here is the Gospel reading for last Sunday:
Jesus entered a village
where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him.
She had a sister named Mary
who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak.
Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said,
"Lord, do you not care
that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving?
Tell her to help me."
The Lord said to her in reply,
"Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things.
There is need of only one thing.
Mary has chosen the better part
and it will not be taken from her."
Luke 10:38-42
As with any other verse in the Bible, there are many subjective interpretations for this passage. To me, it says that sometimes there are things you must do because they are your responsibility, but anything else should not come in the way of your main responsibility: to love and serve the Lord and his people. Perhaps this is preachy, but lately I have been feeling healthier and happier and have been trying to find more ways to do such a thing. I've been trying to find a good place to volunteer: a place whose mission is close to my heart and a place where I can commit myself to for more than one or two visits. Believe it or not, it's not an easy task to find a place to volunteer. I tried offering to volunteer for this Pro-Life gynecologist office at the Emory Hospital near my house, but I have received no responses. However, I'm hopeful, like in all things that I have been directed towards lately. Lately, I've been trying to see if I can help out with Habitat for Humanity (a place I've wanted to volunteer for many years now). Hopefully, things will work out. In the meantime, I figure I'd post some interesting links.

Do you need any reasons to ride a polar bear to work?
Are you a fellow SCUBA diver and are looking to put your hobby to good use?
Even though BP has "fixed" the major leaking, many fish you are eating are still endangered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy