photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

29 March 2013

Kristyn's WW Recap

Hello again The Charming Blog readers!  Today I am so excited to share my progress from my guest post last month.  You are new and didn't read about it?  Check it out here.  


If you don't want to read that whole post, no big deal.  I am going to give you a quick rundown of my life at the beginning of the year.  

Background

When the new year came around, I was an engaged woman who was just loving life.  I think I really noticed I needed to do something to control my eating at our New Years Eve party.  I took a ton of pictures but hated certain things about myself in them.  Like arm flab or constantly having to suck in in the dress I was wearing.  It wasn't pretty.  



So, I finally decided to do something about it.  I joined Weight Watchers Online on Feb. 4th.  I have been doing it almost 2 months now and I am loving the results.  Before I get into that stuff, I want to say that I started WW for me.  It wasn't for Jeremy, or for society.  It was because I wasn't happy.  I wasn't happy about how I felt.  I wasn't happy about how I looked.  I just wasn't happy with myself and I knew I could change.  So I did.  Loving yourself just the way you are is so important, and I wasn't loving the way I was.  I wasn't going to do anything drastic and I knew I only need to lose up to 20lbs, but everything I tried didn't work.  


Results

Ok, so now onto some results.  The first week was huge for me.  I lost 5lbs in one week.  After reading other people's stories, this was pretty typical.  It was mostly water weight that I was losing, not actual weight.  I think a lot of other diets have this same result.  After that first week, I have continued to lose weight, but it hasn't been anything as drastic as it was Week 1.  And I am perfectly happy with that.  I knew going into it that the results wouldn't be immediate and it would take time to lose what I wanted to.  Don't get frustrated if it isn't happening as quickly for you, we are all different and our bodies react to things differently.  

So.  I am about to post my actual weight.  I haven't even done this on my own blog, so this is a huge thing for me.  But I think it's a better representation instead of just typing the number lost.  I am visual, so I like to see things.

Ok.  Here we go.  Real quick, I am 5'9...just to keep things in perspective for you.  And I tend to carry my weight evenly (if that makes sense).  I gain weight all over.  It doesn't just go to one spot and stay there.

Alright.  

I started out at 177lbs.  I also want to note that this is the heaviest I have ever been.  I don't want to go back there.

I am now 162.4lbs.

That is a loss of 14.6lbs in about 2 months.

I still have 3.1lbs to go before my next goal, but I will get there.  And when I hit the 150s that will be a huge win for me.  I haven't been in that weight range since I was in college.  And that was 6 years ago.  

I would love to hear about your weight loss journey if you are on one.
We can all support each other!

Thanks so much for having me Amy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy