photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

12 February 2013

Meet the lovely Joy Leanne!

Meet JOY from Redirected Dreams!
She's such a lovely person and I have enjoyed working with her these past few months both with the Charming Holiday magazine and as my featured sponsor!



Enough

Hello all! I am Joy Leanne my blog is Redirected Dreams and I also blog at a couple other amazing collaborative blogs. J I know that the reason you come to The Charming Blog is to hear from Amy, so I’m going to keep this guest post short and sweet.
We are over half way through January and most of the goal/resolution/New Years posts have been done. But before we start moving on to Feburary, and Valentine’s Day, and wishing for Spring, I thought I would share what I hope for my readers, and for you, and really for any one in 2013.
Years ago when our little family was seriously struggling and wondering how we would make ends meet I stumbled across this passage of the Bible.

Proverbs  30:8b-9
Give me neither poverty nor riches,

    but give me only my daily bread.

9Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
    and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
    and so dishonor the name of my God.

We feel in love with this concept. This idea of enough. It’s such a basic prayer. Meet my kids, but don’t give me too much. Just give me enough.
So many of the problems in our lives come from having too much. To many commitments, too much stuff, too much debt, too much clutter. So many of these problems are a result of seeking more than we need. Our lives would be so much better if we simplified and let go of the extra. If we were content with enough.
And so, blog world, that is my hope for each of us in 2013. That we learn to recognize and enough and be content with that.

Blessings and Prayers,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy