photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

14 January 2013

Monday Inspiration

(source)

Next Monday is Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.  In honor of that, I am going to have a three-part Monday Inspiration celebration in honor of this man.  Today, I'm sharing some of my favorite quotes. Next week, I'll share some pictures from Auburn Avenue, his birth home, Ebenezer Baptist Church, and some of the things that I learned on the tour of these buildings (all located in downtown Atlanta).  The week after that, I'll share some of my favorite lessons from MLK, Jr as well as my feelings about visiting the Memorial in Atlanta, visiting the Memorial in D.C., and growing up in Atlanta learning about this incredibly inspirational man.  

“The ultimate measure of a man
 is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” 

“Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” 

“Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it,
because those who are searching forget that
the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” 

“We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” 

“Not only will we have to repent for the sins of bad people;
but we also will have to repent for the appalling silence of good people.” 

“No person has the right to rain on your dreams.” 

“As my sufferings mounted I soon realized
that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation --
either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force.
I decided to follow the latter course.” 

“The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was:
'If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?'
But...the good Samaritan reversed the question:
'If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?” 

“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.” 

“It is cheerful to God when you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart.” 

“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” 

“Like anybody, I would like to have a long life. Longevity has its place.
But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy