photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

12 June 2012

Falling in love with Andrea from "Love Is..."


Hey there! I'm Andrea from Love Is... 





I was so excited when Amy asked me to do a guest post while she's away preparing for her big day! And she gave me a pretty great topic too. I'm a newlywed, married on September 9th, 2011, so Amy asked me to talk about falling in love with my husband. Not hard at all. Let's get started!

My husband Michael, & I met at Sportsman's Warehouse where we both worked, back in 2005. I had been working there for almost a year & one day this really cute cowboy came in & dropped off an application. I couldn't help staring, & neither could every other girl that I worked with! After he left, I told my manager at the time, that he should really hire that guy. He asked me why and I told him, "He...looks like a good worker....?" He laughed at me & said he was definitely an option. So for the next few weeks I kept mentioning that "guy" to my manager & asking when he was going to be hired. Eventually, Michael got called into Sportsman's the day he was to start a job somewhere else. He decided to pick Sportsman's, & I must say, I'm really glad he did! He started work in September & it didn't take long for us to start talking. One night we went out with a small group from work, & then we went out the next night, & the next night... You get the idea. And we've been inseparable ever since! Below are a few pics from when we first started dating. P.S. Hubs doesn't smoke anymore, yay! P.P.S. He looks great in that hat, right?!


After 3 short months together, we both knew that there was something different about this relationship. The L word was said, we started talking marriage, & our future together. What can I say, we don't mess around. Around the 4 or 5 month mark, an opportunity arose for Michael to go back out to a guest ranch he worked at in Wyoming, the previous summer. I remember a conversation we had & he told me he wasn't going to go because he wanted to stay with me. I told him, I wouldn't let him stay for that reason. I mean, how many opportunities do you get in your life to be a fly fishing guide in Wyoming, which is something he totally loved? I wasn't going to take that away from him. Well, we did some more talking & looked at the website & there were still some positions open at the ranch. So I very scarily, sent my application in to be a housekeeper there. To this day, I still don't know how he talked me into it. 

It was love, pure & simple.

Well guess what? I got the job! So we both put in our 2 weeks notice, said our goodbyes to our friends & family & we were off. Did I mention this is the first time I've ever really left home? Yeah. I was scared! But at the same time, I was happy to have Michael by my side & that we got to experience it together.

Us all packed & ready to drive to Wyoming!

We got to Wyoming in 2 days, & started working right when we got to the ranch. There weren't any guests yet, but there was a lot to do to prepare for them. One night we were at dinner with our co-workers in the dining hall & afterwards we decided to go look at the horses. When we were done there, Michael asked me if I wanted to go for a little walk up on the Mesa. I won't lie. I totally didn't want to. We had just ate dinner & I had on my cute, but so not practical shoes, that aren't made for traipsing around the mountain. But, he talked me into it & we drove the car to the top of the hill to the Mesa, which is pretty much a big, flat field that overlooks everything. All you can see is sky, mountains, pine trees & animals. It's beautiful. So, we walked up near the top of the Mesa and we sat on some rocks & just took it all in. Michael was being kind of...different, but I didn't really think anything of it. He kept having me look to my right. He was showing me where chuck wagon was on Friday nights, and where picnic on the hill was & then all of the sudden he stood up & got down on one knee. After that I don't really know what happened. Mainly because I couldn't see & could barely breathe! I was crying, & smiling, & hitting him...I still don't really know why I was hitting him. At some point during all that, he asked me to be his wife. We hugged and kissed & did a little more of both, & then went back to the ranch to get our things so we could to town, where there was cell phone service, to call our parents. As we were driving down the mountain I realized that I had never answered him. I said this to him & he said, "Yeah, I know." So THEN, I said YES!! It took me about 20 minutes, but I think he got the idea up on the Mesa!



This is where we got engaged. Just to the left & up the hill is where it all happened!



When we got to town I called my parents first. Little did I know, they already knew why I was calling. A few weeks back, on our drive to Wyoming, Michael called my dad to ask for my hand in marriage. He wanted to do it in person, but every time he was over, I was there, so he never got the chance. My dad's response was, "Uh, sure. Here's Penny." He was just a little in shock. = ) And then he gave the phone to my mom, who started crying because she was so happy. She told Michael she had been praying for him to come into my life. Thanks momma. I'm so glad you did. God couldn't have picked better.

It took us a few years to actually get to the wedding part, due to Michael needing to finish school. All in all, we were engaged for just over 5 years. I know, insert your gasp here. When the movie The Five Year Engagement came out, I told Michael they made a movie about us! He didn't find it as funny as I did. = ) It wasn't as bad as it sounds & it's just the way things needed to go for us. And in a way, I'm glad. We had the wedding of our dreams & it was perfect. And during those 5 years, we learned a lot. About ourselves, about each other & about what it is to love & not be selfish. So worth the wait.


Thanks again for having me Amy & an early congrats to you & your hubby to be!! = )

1 comment:

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy