photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

03 May 2012

delicious grilled veggie sandwich


Ingredients:
Vegetables of your choice.
I recommend: mushrooms, zucchini, squash, cucumber, carrots, cauliflower, a few chopped up kale pieces.
Tomato
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil (or peanut oil, sunflower oil, etc of your choice)
Goat cheese
Two slices of bread

Instructions:
1. Chop up vegetables.
2. Add some olive oil and balsamic vinegar to a pan and turn on medium high heat.
3. Add vegetables and let soak in the pan.  Keep in mind, oil and vinegar do not mix, so you need to stir the vegetables until they are done (everything will no longer be crunchy).
4. Put slices of bread in toaster and toast.
5. Spread goat cheese on both slices of toasted bread (it's easier to spread the goat cheese on the bread when it's toasted).
6. Add a slice of tomato then pack on the veggies!

I love this recipe.  It took me a few tries to get the recipe right.  I originally had broccoli, no vinegar, and various spices.  The broccoli had a taste I wasn't fond of so I nixed that.  

The vinegar is important to me because it takes away the bitterness vegetables can have, helping them be naturally sweet without the use of spices.  However, since some spices have great health benefits, you may consider adding some rosemary or paprika (my two go-to spices because of their great health benefits and taste).

Then the goat cheese just blends so nicely with vegetables and helps add just a little bit more sweetness.

One last note, kale is a health benefit powerhouse, but some people complain about it's taste.  I just chopped up a leaf or two and add it into the pan to soak up the other flavors.  When done like this,  it just blends in wonderfully with all the other vegetables without having it's infamous taste.

3 comments:

  1. That looks sooooooo good and has made me too hungry! So thanks for sharing but no thanks for leaving me hungry in a house full of empty cupboards! X
    timefortea

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy