photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

25 December 2011

CMB : #8

Since it's Christmas & a Sunday, I thought a CMB post was fitting.

This Christmas and every other day of the year, I am grateful for God's wonderful gifts to me: 
my family, Duncan, my friends, providing me an education, understanding my passions and helping me make them fruitful, having a roof over my head and food in the fridge, the strange Atlanta weather, my health, my metaphorical heart (that is passionate, empathetic, and joyful), my metaphorical brains (that is filled with the constant desire to learn and evolve), having a whole bunch of canvases ready to be painted on, my sweet little furrbabies who bring such a smile to my face, and my faith that keeps me going on days when my heart and brain sometimes can't.


So, many of you might have seen/read about Duncan.  

I normally am not very mushy gushy (on here or in public... or even with him, haha!), but I thought I would share a little bit about him.  He is, after all, the love of my life.  

Dunx is my best friend, my cheerleader, my Mr. Fix-It, my sous chef, my traveling buddy, my partner-in-crime, my little engineer, my handsome future husband, and often my better half who continues to build me up but also keep me grounded.  He is the smartest man that I know, he keeps me laughing, and has such a big, empathetic heart (though it may be a little impatient sometimes!).  The boy has just as many dreams as I do and it warms my heart listening to him talking for what can seem like hours sometimes about them.  He loves his family more than I've ever seen from another male and is so amazing with the furbabies.  And, after my immediate family, he is God's best gift to me.  I am just so excited what God has in store for his future and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

Us a few hours before he proposed.
--

Lastly (but certainly not least in any way!), since today is the day in which we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, I did feel like it was necessary to do a little dedication to Him (I normally prefer not to on this blog since religion and faith is a personal choice).  

I came to know Him and welcome Him in to my heart when I was a Junior in high school.  I wasn't going down the best path and often found myself empty.  I had been in two serious relationships and got to the point where my relationship with them was all that I knew how to be.  Eventually, I learned that I couldn't love another until I loved myself.  It was then, that I made the slow journey and developed the most important relationship in my life (of course He comes first, in spite of my overwhelming love of Duncan, my family, and my friends).  He has provided me with so many gifts, blessings, and graces and I know He is always watching over me, protecting me, and guiding me (even though sometimes, I fail to trust and I am hesitant).  With all that said, I wouldn't be who I am today with out His love and my relationship with Him.  He was patient and knew that I needed to go down the path I did in order to genuinely go down His path for me.  It is Him that has brought me to where I am now and I am so grateful and so blessed. It is even on my darkest days (which have been relatively frequent the past couple of months) that I am still confident in my future and in His plan for me.

Well, enough of my thoughts!  I just had to have these two dedications today.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy