photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

02 September 2011

Resolutions: Happy September!



Due to traveling, I missed posting my August resolution: read more.  

I am happy to announce that I read two books that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I normally like a variety to my books, but when I'm trying to escape from school, I do prefer a lighter read.  I read "Safe Haven" by Nicolas Sparks and "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  I definitely enjoyed "The Help" the best.  It was so great and I thought she did such an excellent job.  It's been forever since I've read a book in first-person voice and it took me awhile to get used to.  It bugged me at some points to not have that omniscient characteristic that third-person voice offers you (in other words, I hated not knowing what was going on in every character's minds).  I love stories with multiple characters and being able to follow their story along.  This book told the three different stories of Aibileen, Minny, and Skeeter.  Now, I can't wait to go watch the movie!

September: journal.

I wanted to do this to help myself discover my emotions, something I'm really bad about doing.  My therapist asked me one session: overall, how have you been feeling this week?  I said "I don't know, I don't remember."  So, I bought a journal and she gave me an exercise to do with it.  But I am also journaling to kind of write out my thoughts.  I've always been better at writing than speaking.  Whenever I had something I needed to say, I wrote it out and gave it to that person.  It's also great because no one interrupts me!  I've been giving my journal to Duncan for him to read as well because I feel like it's extremely hard for him to understand what's going on in my little brain because when I summarize it for him it just doesn't make much sense and therefore I feel like the value of some of what I'm trying to tell him get lost.  It's not like some sad, depressing, whiny journal, though!  And he actually wants to read it.  But I'm enjoying having a journal to write down my more personal thoughts so that I can really begin to grow as a person.  So, this month is to actually make sure I sit down and write! I'll set the goal at 5/7 days per week-- I'd say every day, but I noticed that on days where I went to the hospital, even though I had a lot of thoughts (and this week, a lot of emotions!), I found myself too drained.  So 5 x 4 = 20 entries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy