photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

17 May 2011

Recipe: Cookie Chunks

The Ingredients: 
2.5 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
14 tbsp unsalted butter, slightly melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cups caramel chips/bits**
2 packets of oatmeal (if you cheat, like me)
1/2 cup coconut
1 box of raisins 

**I discovered that melted caramel loves to make things difficult (it glues itself to the pan or wax paper--I used both to experiment with the different results) and it cools down to a rough texture.  Therefore, next time I am going to use caramel fudge (like you use on ice cream) to keep the slight caramel taste while not breaking teeth during the enjoying part of delicious cookies.


Combining everything together:
In previous times, I just chopped up left over chocolate bars (which added a decadent flavor), but I had a lot of cookies to make and little time so I just bought the Ghiradelli chips..... they were quite delicious, though!



 Mmmm... delicioso!  This recipe made about 2-3 dozen, which was perfect because I had cookies to take over to a pot luck get together--and got praises!

Last note: I did also forget rice krispies cereal this time around.  My goodness!  They were still delicious, though!