photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

09 June 2010


The garden's coming along wonderfully.

I don't know if I've mentioned it yet or not, but I began my first garden a couple of months ago. We have a lot that we are attempting to grow: different kinds of tomatoes, peppers, basil, parsley, eggplant, and strawberries. We also have some flowers as well. The other day I was making a delicious dish and was able to use some of our parsley. In fact, we've been using quite a bit of it lately. My family and I are trying to eat healthier and we've discovered a lot of great recipes because of it. The great thing is that a lot of recipes call for herbs and spices--and we've got plenty of our own!

RECIPE
In case any of you are looking for a fun , easy, delicious recipe to try I have one for you that I made for everyone this past Sunday:
Fish (any kind of you prefer, we used tilapia). You probably need about a pound per person.
Lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onions, sour cream, and tostadas or hard tacos.
As far as the fish is concerned, I love cooking them on the stove, but some grill them and some put them in the oven. I, obviously, cooked them on the stove. I didn't add many herbs or spices to them since I knew they weren't going to be eaten plain, but I guess it wouldn't matter much if I had added some.
Read the instructions for the tostadas/tacos, but generally you put them on a sheet and just put them in the oven for like ten minutes.
Meanwhile, mix sour cream with your favorite herbs and spices: I like garlic, parsley, rosemary, and oregano. I even added some avocado in it to change the taste a little bit. I'm big on just "winging it" when it comes to recipes (and I generally doing pretty well with it), but i'd say depending on how much sour cream mixture that you need depends on if you need from a pinch to a teaspoon of additions.
I grilled the tomatoes with some salt for pepper and then opened the avocados and mushed them into a paste. Then, serve!
It's essentially fish tacos, but the meal was SO delicious! Not to mention, it was extremely nutritious! It's really what my family needs because my parents are not very good with eating healthy other than have a small amount of veggies at dinner time. So, if anyone wants something healthy and yummy, try this! I'll try to start taking pictures....

Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy