photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

02 April 2010

"Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song." -JPII

There are many things wonderful about today and this weekend and in the midst of everything that has been happening this weekend, I think it is important to remember the wonderful, beautiful important of all of our lives. So in celebration, I am going to post about:

1) This amazing Holy Weekend of Good Friday and Easter Sunday,
2) The anniversary of an amazing Pope that met with Jesus this day five years ago.


HOLY WEEK 2010
The following are tweets and such that I thought were quite interesting regarding Good Friday. I guess it's just another day to some people. But it's such a beautiful day and weekend for me. I think that of all the Holidays of the year, Easter is my favorite. The fact that Jesus died on the Cross for us after an already long night and day of torment is just... heart wrenching. He loved us so much He sacrificed Himself for us. He died for us and that is just the best gift He could have ever given us. On top of it, He continues to pour blessings on us.
Last year, I was able to be there for my boyfriend as he entered into the Church at the Easter Vigil. I remember my Confirmation day... it was definitely one of the best days of my life. So I can only imagine how he felt. He was so excited, too. We unfortunately had no time to watch The Passion of the Christ last year, so hopefully we'll have time to fit it in this Easter weekend.


  1. @Silversmyth Good afternoon! Happy Good Friday and #FollowFriday too
    cokeman777 - Twitter - seconds ago


  2. Haha no doubt!! RT @JonathanJelks: It's good friday.... gotta do some good deeds... Shout out to Jesus!

    sole_search - Twitter - seconds ago

    Remember kids, today we celebrate the death of a man after being whipped and nailed to a board. And that's why we call it "Good Friday"!
    ricardomelo - Twitter - seconds ago

    Are banks open on Good Friday? Is there mail? ... Find out. #GoodFriday
    Good Friday: What's Open, What's Closed - Courant.com‎ - courant.com


WORLD: Pilgrims fill St. Peter's Square on Good Friday
Pilgrims fill St. Peter's Square on Good Friday - World - GMANews ...‎ - gmanews.tv

gmanewstv - Twitter - 8 minutes ago

Apr 2, 2010 ... RT @ItsIMANIrose: RT @BrookeSutton: #GoodFriday remember he laid down on † this day for us ppl so #PutGodFirst & watch him work mysteriously ...

www.twitlonger.com/show/ncm6h - 1 minute ago
On this Good Friday, which leads to the season of Easter, may we all - regardless of our own beliefs - try to follow the path Jesus trod.
mzemek - Twitter - 11 minutes ago

POPE JOHN PAUL II (1920-2005)

Pope John Paul II was born in post-World War II Poland as Karol Josef Wojtila. He is arguably one of the most celebrated Popes in recent Catholic history. During the second World War, he entered the seminary. He was ordained in 1946 and completed two doctorate degrees. He became a professor in moral theology and social ethics.
Pope John Paul I died after a 34-day reign in 1978. After seven rounds of balloting, the College of Cardinals chose Karol. He became the youngest Pope in 132 years and the first non-Italian Pope since 1522 with Pope Adrian VI.
He spoke eight languages: Polish, Italian, French, German, English, Portuguese, Latin, and Spanish--which was learned after he became Pope).
He added the Luminous mysteries to the rosary.
Time Magazine voted him the Man of the Year in 1994.
He wrote and published fourteen encyclicals.

I was born into the John Paul II papacy, unfortunately I was not able to fully enjoy his legacy until the day of his funeral. I was "shadow"-ing my friend at her school that day and they were having a special mass because at the same time in Rome, millions of people gathered for his funeral (something that has been called the world's biggest funeral). I eventually transferred to the school and as I became more informed and active in my faith, I only wished I had enjoyed all the blessings earlier. Fortunately, his successor, Pope Benedict XVI, is just as brilliant and I'm eager to see what more he has to offer us.

QUOTES FROM JPII

"The great danger for family life, in the midst of any society whose idols are pleasure, comfort and independence, lies in the fact that people close their hearts and become selfish."


"The fear of making permanent commitments can change the mutual love of husband and wife into two loves of self--two loves existing side by side, until they end in separation."


"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought."


"The truth is not always the same as the majority decision." [This is something I find particularly important as of late.]


"The worst prison would be a closed heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy