photo Bloggerrebootheadertrial.png

10 November 2012

Ten on Ten


  1. What are you thankful for?  My little family.
  2. What are your favorite aromas of this season?  Apple cider!
  3. What are you looking forward to most on Thanksgiving? OR For those not in America, when and how do you celebrate your country's Thanksgiving-esque holiday?  Having Duncan with me to celebrate.
  4. Blogger you'd love to meet in real life?  Paige from Eloping Stethoscope -- I think we have a lot in common and she's so sweet and funny!
  5. Participating in any exciting blog swaps this season?  Share!  Secret Santa Swap by Eloping Stethoscope and The Dreamy Meadow  &&  Holiday Ornament Swap by Dreaming of Dimples & Living in Yellow
  6. When the weather starts changing, where would we find you?  (a) Snuggled up in bed with husband and the creatures or (b) at a coffee shop with chai tea latte and my computer
  7. Have you had any experiences lately that you just have to brag about?  Share!  I am totally kicking rump in OB class and clinicals.  I spent two days in the NICU/nursery and learned so much and did so well.  My day with mother-baby was definitely beautiful -- I couldn't help be so inspired by the miracle of breastfeeding (mushy talk, I know).  If I wasn't totally set on doing pediatric oncology, I'd probably want to be a midwife or work the NICU.
  8. Tea or coffee?  It depends.  I love tea, but sometimes it is just so easy to make coffee when I'm on the go.  My favorite teas: chai tea (soy or skim) latte, rooibos red tea, or nine bend black dragon black tea.
  9. Any book recommendations?  The Iron Druid Chronicles all.the.way.  Love them.  Obsessed with them.  Don't get me wrong, they are definitely quite reads, but when you're in nursing school, Ken Follet, Ayn Rand, and George R. R. Martin are just too much to take in.  But the Iron Druid Chronicles are an addiction of mine and I cannot wait until book five comes out November 27 -- just in time for me to procrastinate studying for finals.
  10. Do you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah?  A mixture of both?  Something else?  I celebrate Christmas.  Though I would love to learn about Hanukkah!

2 comments:

  1. I love the apple cider candles during this time of the year! Gets me so excited for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! I loved reading this...and I'm totally going onto Goodreads right now and adding the Druid Chronicles. I hear you on needing the quick reads while in school... I needed that too when I was writing paper after paper after paper just a couple of semesters ago. And I need them now for in-between my longer books. (Outlander series...and the Wilderness series, etc, etc.)
    Hehehe.
    If you're on Goodreads, look me up. Brooke Arceneaux

    P.S. I recommend A Discovery of Witches. Such a great book!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving feedback, so thank you! =)
Your support means the world to me.

Have a charming day ;)
xo, amy